Election Deadline - May 6th

Announce club meetings, events, and activities here!

Moderator: admin

Election Deadline - May 6th

Postby ANDREWWHELCHEL » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:13 pm

Hello

Anyone interested in running for office or getting more information needs to contact one of the people below to get your name on the sample ballot.
The sample ballot must be presented to the board at the May 6th meeting at 5 pm, along with write ups and resumes where indicated.
The following positions will be opening this year (August).
President
Treasurer - please include a resume.
Secretary - please include a resume.
2 Board Positions.

Bill Quick 706-344-9087
Alan McCary 770-927-7787
ANDREWWHELCHEL

Re: Election Deadline - May 6th

Postby amccary » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:47 pm

I have decided to drop out of the election committee and run for the position of President of the WEGM.

A little about me;
My name is Alan McCary, I’ll be 57 this year, I served in the USMC in the late 70s and early 80s, honorably discharged NCO. I have been married for the past 28 years, I have two daughters and one 5 year old grandson. I am currently a Design Engineer at a manufacture in Atlanta. I live in Winston Georgia, a small town just outside of Douglasville. I like things in my life to be stable, I don’t try to change something just so I can say I changed it. Like most engineers I try to live by the KISS rule “Keep It Simple Stupid”

I started small scale mining in 1991. I am an avid dredger and love being outdoors. I started the North West Georgia Chapter of the GPAA and served as president for 5 years and board of directors for one out of the last 7 years. I have participated in and overseen many different kinds outings and common operations over the years.

My goals if elected are but not limited to:
1. Re focus the club as a mining club not just a social event.
2. Look at ways to decrease expenses and increase revenue to ensure the clubs long term stability.
3. Open all aspects of the meetings to the active members “to quietly view” with the exceptions of member requested private discussions and disciplinary matters.
4. Review, revise, replace, or remove any rules that are in place that are not essential or hinders the members from participating in a club and activity they paid for.
5. Ensure that all important matters coming up for a vote is broadcasted in advance so all members can be a part of the decision making process that ultimately affects all of us.

Thank you for your time and consideration;
Alan McCary
WEGM #1775
a_mccary@live.com
Alan McCary
amccary

Re: Election Deadline - May 6th

Postby amccary » Wed May 10, 2017 9:36 am

It was good to meet some new and old members at the last meeting and discussing the club's challenges. For those who wanted me to expand on the goals that I set when I decided to run please see below. These are the main areas that I feel needs to be looked into as a way to upright this ship and secure the clubs long term future.

1. Re focus the club as a mining club not just a social event.

1.1 Look into why we are losing membership.
1.2 Maybe offer a onetime past due forgiveness for members who stopped paying due to the economy, health, or a loss of interest.
1.3 Improve access to the rivers for equipment loading and unloading.
1.4 Focus on the active members who are actively using the properties for mining purposes.
2. Look at ways to decrease expenses and increase revenue to ensure the clubs long term stability.
2.1 Review current leases for possible savings. Multi-year lease?
2.2 Review meeting hall cost. Cold weather use, club property site?
2.3 Review coin shoot expense. Entry fee, separate newbie, and novice hunts. Use tokens and have prize drawings at the meeting.
2.4 Review common operation expense, Entry fee?
2.5 Review advertising and printing expense.
2.6 Review community involvement expense, and requirements for nonprofit.
2.7 Look into club member donations and charity participation as clubs community involvement.
2.8 How to get people interested in becoming members, social media?
2.9 Payment options, convenience fees?
2.10 Book keeping expense, other options?
2.11 CD returns vs other banking options?
2.12 Banking fees, other banking options?
2.13 Additional properties, expense vs return?
2.14 Review club merchandise, branding, trademarks, online store.
3. Open all aspects of the meetings to the active members “to quietly view” with the exceptions of member requested private discussions and disciplinary matters.
3.1 Set up small area at board meeting for general members in good standing to listen to the discussions and decisions of the board.
3.2 Clearly define what the board’s role is and what are the voting member’s role in the decision making process.
3.3 Develop a process for the members to request clarity of board’s decisions without affecting the current meetings agendas and time constraints.
3.4 Streamline board meetings to reduce time, publish meeting agenda, and share information prior to meetings.
4. Review, revise, replace, or remove any rules that are in place that are not essential or hinders the members from participating in a club and activity’s they paid for.
4.1 Develop a presentation in regards to the rules and regulations for access to streams and rivers.
4.2 Review lease restrictions.
4.3 Review open carry restrictions.
4.4 Review club by laws, published rules, and regulations.
5. Ensure that all important matters coming up for a vote is broadcasted in advance so all members can be a part of the decision making process that ultimately affects all of us.
5.1 Develop and publish a standard voting agenda.
5.2 Table new motions based on complexity for member to review and know when the vote will take place.
5.3 Set a time for open discussion on important issues.
5.4 Schedule vote.
Alan McCary
amccary

Return to Club Announcements