Weekend Gold Miners Prospecting Club, Inc
Code of Ethics
The Board of Directors of the WEEKEND GOLD MINERS PROSPECTING CLUB, INC has adopted the following Code of Ethics for directors and officer of the Weekend Gold Miners Prospecting Club, Inc. This purpose of the code is to
- 1. Focus the board of directors and each officer on areas of ethical risk.
- 2. Provide guidance to directors to help them recognize and deal with ethical issues.
- 3. Provide mechanisms to report unethical conduct.
- 4. Help foster a culture of honesty and accountability.
Each director and officer of the WEGM must comply with letter and Spirit of this Code.
No code or policy can anticipate every situation that may arise or replace the thoughtful behavior of an ethical director and or officer. Directors and officers are encouraged to bring questions about circumstances that may implicate one or more of the provisions of this Code to the attention of the Chairman of the Board.
A. CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Directors and officers must avoid any conflicts of interest between the director or officer and the WEGM unless the board of directors of the WEGM approved the relationship in advance. Any situation that involves, or may reasonably be expected to involve, a conflict of interest with the WEGM, should be disclosed promptly to the WEGM board of directors. A “conflict of interest” can occur when
1. Director’s or Officer’s personal interest is adverse to —or may appear to be adverse to —the interests of the WEGM as a whole.
2. A Director or Officers, or a member of his or her immediate family, receives improper personal benefits as a result of his or her position as director or officer of the WEGM.
Directors and officers must maintain the confidentiality of information entrusted to them by the WEGM and any other confidential information about the WEGM that comes to them, from whatever source, in their capacity as a director or officer, expect when disclosure is authorized or legally mandated.
For purposes of this Code, “confidential information” includes all non-public information relating to the WEGM CLUB.
C. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS, RULES AND REGULATIONS; FAIR DEALING
Directors and officers must comply, and oversee compliance by members, officers and other directors and officers, with laws, rules and regulations applicable to the WEGM.
D. Encouraging the Reporting of any Illegal or Unethical Behavior
Directors and offices should promote ethical behavior and take steps to ensure the WEGM:
1. Encourages members to talk to Directors, BOD members and other appropriate personal when in doubt about the best course of action in a particular situation.
2. Encourages member to report violations of laws, rules, regulations or the WEGM’s Code of Conduct to appropriate personnel.
3. Informs members that the WEGM will not allow retaliations for reports made in good faith.
E. COMPLIANCE STANDARDS
Directors and officers should communicate any suspected violations of this Code Promptly to the board of directors. Violations will be investigated by the board or by person designated by the board, and appropriate action will be taken in the event of any violations of the Code.