WEEKEND GOLD MINERS PROSPECTING CLUB INC.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
These are the General Rules and Regulations for the membership, subject to the leases of the individual leases.
Common sense, consideration for the rights of the general membership, by each individual member must be observed. Each of us needs to conduct ourselves in a way that extends more than ordinary courtesy to other members, their children and guests.
ACTION CONTRARY TO STATED POLICY
Violations by a member of stated club policy shall constitute grounds for disciplinary action by the Board of Directors, as stated below:
VIOLATION OF THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN DISCIPLINARRY ACTION BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AGAINST THE MEMBER CAUSING THE INFRACTION AS PROVIDED IN WEEKEND GOLD MINERS PROSPECTING CLUB, INC. BY-LAWS, ARTICLE III, Section 5. (THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, BY A MAJORITY VOTE SHALL HAVE THE POWER TO EXPEL OR SUSPEND OR ISSUE A LETTER OF WARNING TO A MEMBER FOR VIOLATION OF WEEKEND GOLD MINERS PROSPECTING CLUB, INC. BY-LAWS or RULES AND REGULATIONS.)
1. Club or Club’s – Refers to Weekend Gold Miners Prospecting Club Inc. (also referred to as WEGM)
2. Abandoned Camp Sites – Camp sites not utilized overnight by the member assigned same when said member fails to stay overnight at least once during a period of six (6) consecutive months.
3. Defacing Property – The willful destruction or vandalizing of property or equipment.
4. Dredge Size – Determined by suction hose diameter, or as specified by the Lessor’s lease.
5. Guest – A person that is not a member, but to whom the hospitality of a current member, in good standing, has been extended.
6. Immediate Family – Hereinafter refers to spouse and legal dependent children (under age 18), other dependent children (under age 18) and live-in companion, as provided in Article III: Section 1(b). Spouse’s and lives in companion’s membership privileges are terminated at the time of divorce or the live in companion moves from the residence. The spouse or live in companion do not have transferable memberships or ownership in the privileges of membership.
7. Member Number – Number assigned to a person who is paying, or has paid for club membership.
8. Motorized Mining Equipment – Equipment utilizing an internal combustion engine. (I.E. Dredge, High Banker, Trommel)
9. Permanent Structure – A structure that cannot normally be moved without causing major damage occurring to it or club leased property.
10. Prospecting – Exploring for mineral deposits and/or elements.
11. Undisturbed buffer zone – A section of land along the banks of any creek, stream, river or waterway that shall not be used for any activity other than foot traffic.
12. Equipment trailer – Any enclosed cargo or utility trailer used or located on club leased property belonging to a member.
13. RV – Recreational vehicle including but not limited to a motorized camper, four wheeler, ATV, or any other vehicle on wheels used in connection with camping and overnight stays on club leased property.
Public drunkenness, profanity, excessive noise and other such behavior is prohibited. No member will threaten another member in any way. Members and guests will abide by Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations. No alcoholic beverages are allowed at club functions. Violators are subject to termination of their club membership and all rights and privileges appertaining thereto.
STANDING RULES FOR ALL LEASES
1. It is mandatory that you fill out the visit log sheet for each lease, each visit. Forms are provided at each gate.
2. It is mandatory that gates are kept locked at all times, except during club functions.
3. Speed limit is 5 MPH on all lease roads.
4. Quiet time – All members camping on the properties shall observe a quiet time beginning at 11:00 P.M. and ending at 6:00 A.M… During this quiet time there shall be no running of generators, mining equipment with internal combustion engines, playing of radios or stereos, or loud talking, so as to not disturb other campers that may be trying to sleep.
5. There shall be no signs of any kind visible or affixed to anything on the Weekend Gold Miners Prospecting Club, Inc. lease properties, promoting any other prospecting organization unless approved by the WEGM Board of Directors. **Amended 4/6/19**
Absolutely no use of firearms, bows, cross-bows, pellet guns, or BB guns, or paintball guns is allowed on club property. There shall be no carrying of firearms, bows, cross-bows, pellet guns or BB guns, or paintball guns on the physical person. Hunting of waterfowl or any other game or wildlife is prohibited on club property. Violators are subject to termination of their club membership and all rights and privileges appertaining thereto.
Willful defacing of property or equipment is prohibited.
CAMP AND MINING AREAS
1. All members are required to keep their camp site for RV’s, trailers, vehicles used for sleeping and or/ storage , tents, tarps and temporary structures of any kind, a minimum of fifty (50′) feet (measured on a horizontal plane) from the high water mark of the nearest creek, river or waterway.
A. Any member wishing to have an assigned camp site must acquire permission from the Board of Directors before occupying a site.
B. All camp sites will be a minimum of fifteen (15′) feet from property boundary. Member will be subject to disciplinary action if found in violation.
C. A permanent campsite must have either a camper (RV), utility trailer, canopy or commerical tent on the site in order to call it permanent and must be maintained at all times.
2. Drainage hoses or pipes leading to or emptying into the river are prohibited.
3. Permanent structures of any kind are prohibited.
4. Pets must be under direct control of the member or guest, bringing the pet on the property, at all times. The member or guest, bringing the pet on the property, is liable for the pet’s action.
5. Abandoned Camp sites – It is the member’s responsibility to remove all trash, broken or torn equipment from the camp site upon leaving the camp site. If a camp site is not utilized (staying overnight) for a period of six (6) months, then the Board of Directors has the authority to remove and dispose of all such equipment left on the property.
A. To keep your camp site you must utilize (stay overnight) that site at least once every six (6) months.
6. River Bank Appearance – All tables, chairs and other camping accessories shall not be left unattended within the required fifty (50′) foot undisturbed buffer zone.
A. NO cutting of ANY vegetation within the required fifty (50′) foot undisturbed buffer zone along the rivers on all club leased property.
7. Camp Appearance – All camp sites shall be kept in a neat and orderly condition, at all times. Neat and orderly meaning all mining equipment, buckets, tools, personal belongings, etc. should be stored in such a manner as not to appear in disarray or neglect, to a normal prudent person.
8. Inoperable Motor vehicle – Vehicles which are not used on a regular basis for either transportation or personal shelter, shall not be permitted on the properties.
9. Permitted Non-Permanent Structures – Any and all structures must be sectionalized. A section shall be no larger than thirty-two (32) square feet. Porches, stoops and decks will not exceed sixty-four (64) square feet. Must be approved by the Board of Directors in advance.
10. Tent Platforms – A structure, no larger than two hundred eighty eight (288) sq. ft. assembled, in sections, for the sole purpose of placing a commercially manufactured tent and accompanying protective tarp, if desired, is permissible. Must be approved by the Board of Directors in advance.
11. No member shall have more than one (1) camp site at any time on any club lease.
12. Any member that brings an RV (Motor home, camper), enclosed cargo or utility trailer on the property for more than 14 days will have to have a permit issued by the club. The permit will have to be notarized and have a state issued photo ID. Must be approved by the Board of Directors in advance.
State and County Fire regulations must be observed at all times. Do not leave fire unattended. Make sure fire is out cold before leaving. Burning of trash/garbage is prohibited. All internal combustion engines shall have approved arrestors. Shut off all internal combustion engines before refueling.
TRASH AND SANITATION “PACK IT IN – PACK IT OUT”
Take your trash with you. This includes all cigarette butts and bottle caps, or pull tabs. Use your shovel as your toilet tool, away from the general camping areas and trails. Bury it no less than six inches deep.
GUESTS ** AMENDED 5-1-21 **
1. Any member may bring onto the property a person or persons (limited to two (2)) that is not a member. This person or persons will be considered to be a guest and may participate in any club activities, while on the property with a member. If the member leaves the property, then the guest must leave the property. The member will be responsible for any actions or damages caused by the guest.
A Release of Liability must be signed by the guest when on the property. A Release of Liability form is on the back of the visit log sheet (sign in sheet). All groups(more than two (2) must have Board approval in advance.
A. The guest cannot use their own motorized equipment. Guest may use any non-motorized equipment (pan, sluice) and members motorized equipment.
2. There is a limitation of one (1) visits in a twelve (12) month period. The guest must join the Weekend Gold Mining Prospecting Club, Inc. or wait twelve (12) months to return to the property. The guest may stay a maximum of fourteen (14) days with the member one (1) time only.
3. Former members, if expelled for non- payment of dues, must wait for a period of twelve months before visiting the property as a Guest of a current member. If the former member was expelled from the club for violating club rules, regulations or by-laws, other than the non- payment of dues, then that former member may not come on the club property without approval from the Board of Directors to visit with a current member.
1. No member shall continue to camp on any one of the club leases or contiguous lease for more than fourteen (l4) days in any consecutive thirty (30) day period.
2. No member shall continue to use motorized equipment on any club lease or contiguous lease for more than fourteen (l4) days in any consecutive thirty (30) day period.
1. Use of tractors, dozers, and backhoes is prohibited, except as approved by the Board of Directors for club sponsored functions (I.E. Common Dig).
2. Dredge size shall not exceed a five (5″) inch diameter suction hose, or as specified by the Lessor in the Lease.
A. All existing six (6″) dredges must be registered, with the Board of Directors, within ninety (90) days of the date of the adoption of these rules and regulations. Dredges must have a permanently attached five (5″) inch restrictor plate. Use of dredge without restrictor plate will be subject to termination of membership privileges.
3. Absolutely no use of explosives will be permitted.
4. All motorized mining equipment shall have membership number affixed in three (3″) inch numbers to be visible from both sides.
5. Only one (1) piece of motorized equipment shall be used per member at any time.
OBSTRUCTIONS AND HAZARDS
Individuals creating obstructions or hazards are responsible for their removal and returning the area to a useable and safe condition. All mining areas (holes or otherwise) above the high water line must be filled in when leaving the area. Any tree, on all club leases must have the Board of Directors approval prior to removal.
Undermining of trees and banks is strictly prohibited. Violators will be terminated from club membership and all rights and privileges appertaining thereto.
1. Members will be expected to observe common courtesy in use of their mining equipment and selecting of their mining site.
A. No mining/digging or cutting brush within the state required twenty-five (25′) foot undisturbed buffer zone along any river, stream, creek, or waterway.
2. Dredges or prospectors must be at least fifty (50′) feet apart and in such a manner so as to not affect other dredges downstream or other prospectors.
3. If two or more members opt to dredge or prospect with each other, then the requirement of the fifty (50′) foot separation will be waived. All members involved must agree.
ANY EXCEPTIONS TO THESE RULES MUST BE APPROVED IN ADVANCE, IN WRITING, BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS. THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS MAY BE ALTERED FROM TIME TO TIME BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS. **
All previous editions of these rules and regulations were repealed and these reviewed and revised rules and regulations were adopted on this 1st day of May 2021
Weekend Gold Miners Prospecting Club Inc. Board of Directors.